Pages

First of all...

Sunday, January 22, 2023

Wicke Bite #SIAM Review Day! Did I like book two better than Shades of Wicked? Read on to find out!


 

Happy #SIAM review day!  Today I'm sharing my thoughts on Wicked Bit  by Jeaniene Frost --along with other participants in Anne's Read Along

Here is the schedule of the review posts where you can read everyone's review of this book. There is always a wide range of opinions! 

Jan 8:    Shades of Wicked              –  Review from Carole @ Carol’s Random Life in Books

Jan 22:    Wicked Bite                        –  Review from Robin @ Books of My Heart

Feb 5:       Wicked All Night             –   Review from Anne @ Books of My Heart

If you recall my review of Shades of Wicked from earlier this month, you'll know that the main character Veritas was not my favorite. I liked her in earlier books, but this series is told from her POVmaking her the main focal point of the books. Overall book one in the Night Rebel series was a 3 for me. 




SPOILERS AHEAD-

Wicked Bite wasn't available to borrow from my library in any form, and I didn't want to buy a kindle or paperback copy, so I used an audible credit to listen to the book. The reader for this book and the Night Huntress series is Tavia Gilbert. I like her interpretation of the accents for this book series and I think listening to her act out the book as opposed to me reading it did enhance my enjoyment of the book. 

This book being the second in the three book series, was all about managing expectations. There would be some things resolved but also there would be cliffhangers and I reminded myself--Dagon isn't going to die--he is going to keep popping up. 

What I liked about the book:

1. Action packed plot.

2. Veritas/Ariel has a family member--I'm hoping he is decent part of book three.

3. Veritas/Ariel accepts her dual nature. Thank goodness!

What is not my favorite: 

A secret betrothal.

Also the characters keep almost getting killed because they are being foolish, either by not questioning what they are being told or not listening to themselves. If at some point someone said: "We should stop relying on our physical prowess and magical abilities and start using our brains more then we'd stop getting into so many dire situations." Then I'd be super happy! 

What I'd love to read:

Veritas and Ian go on vacation and Ashael is dog sitting Silver who meets another demon dog at the dog park!


3 comments:

Northwoman said...

Well I've been loving these books. I hated Ian and now I LOVE him. I loved Vlad and now I'm Vlad meh. Thanks for reading along with us and sharing your opinion. I've heard several comments from people who have enjoyed the narration more on these Ian books than the earlier parts of the series.

Anne - Books of My Heart

Berls said...

OMG yes I would love to read the story you proposed - you should fan fic it lol! It sounds like maybe you enjoyed this one more than the first? I've really enjoyed them and am currently enjoying the 3rd!

WendyW said...

Nice review!! I love audiobooks and sometimes it enhances the story, and sometimes it doesn't. Have a great week.