Pages

First of all...

Sunday, January 29, 2023

Final book in my #SIAM Wicked All Night By Jeaniene Frost

 


January is almost over and I am ending the month with the third and final book in the Night Rebel series. I'm happy to report, yes I can read a series in a month! (#SIAM) 

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!

Like book two, I did the audio version of the book and if you ask me to rate the narration I give it a 5, I think Talia Gilbert does a wonderful job with all the different voices and accents. 

As far as I know, this book wraps up Ian and Veritas/Ariel. This book was a fast listen and again we get scenes with other characters from the Night Huntress Universe.

Overall this three-book series would have worked better for me if Veritas had been in stasis for a larger portion of her life. I say this because she says she is nearly 5,000 years old. I had a very hard time reconciling her age and experience with her behaviors and lack of knowledge. She is very gullible. Good thing her dad kept raising her from the dead. You can say it's due to her first time experiencing love with Ian, but that falls flat for me. Now if she'd been in a coma for like 4,800 of the years, then it makes much more sense to me. 

I like her brother, he came in clutch in the series, because unlike Veritas and other characters, he is able to read people (people and supernatural characters). Marie the Queen of the Ghouls also continues to be an excellent character. 

Okay, I'm going to leave the review on that positive note!  




3 comments:

Greg said...

Fun to read a series like that :)

WendyW said...

Congratulations on reading a series in a month. Well done!

Northwoman said...

Thanks for joining us. I think the Night Rebels was very fun.

Anne - Books of My Heart