Pages

First of all...

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Peace Talks Book 16 in the Harry Dresden Files


 


"When the Supernatural nations of the world meet up to negotiate an end to ongoing hostilities, Harry Dresden, Chicago's only professional wizard, joins the White Council's security team to make sure the talks stay civil. But can he succeed, when dark political manipulations threaten the very existence of Chicago--and all he holds dear?" (from Goodreads) 


You wanna see magic in our mundane world? Look no further than the wizard that is Jim Butcher. Sixteen books into the series and I'm still excited to see what happens next. I'm still worried about all my fictional friends making it through the night. This book doesn't resolve some big problems happening in Harry's world, but it does give me the emotional growth I've been waiting for out of Harry. 



This book is chockful of the supernatural, but it takes place in Chicago and all my favorite characters are included which I really prefer over the books that have been centered in Faerie. One of the reasons I so enjoy this series is because humans are right in the thick of it the stories and that we see wizards, vampires, werewolves, etc. are injured and even die. There are consequences even in the midst of magical powers. 

If I had read this when it came out, I'd be so bummed that when I finished it I needed to  wait for Battle Ground  to be published--but lucky for me, and for you if you are reading the series now we can read it right away! 

5 Stars

2 comments:

Northwoman said...

I really enjoy this series so much. The two books came out almost together so none of us had to wait too long. After Battle Ground, you will want to read The Law which is in KU.


Anne - Books of My Heart

WendyW said...

I like that there is a compination of humans and non humans in this one.