Sunday, August 25, 2024

Dead and Gondola: A Must Read For Agatha Christie Fans and The Cozy Mystery Book Club Book of the Month!

 

This book takes place in an imaginary Colorado ski town that gave me Apen vibes, but it could be a nod to any of the towns in Colorado where there is a cute downtown and lots of rich people who own third, fourth, or fifth homes there. 

I listened to this book on audio and I had some trouble staying engaged in the story during the first sixty percent. I didn't guess who the killer was and I was impressed by who the killer was, an excellent choice. The book has a lot of Agatha Christie references, so if you love Agatha Christie novels, you have got to read this book! 

Over all the book is a 4 star read for me. I didn't connect much with the main character, at this moment I can't remember her name, but the mystery was solved so well that the book goes from three to four stars for me. 

Want to hear more about this book?  Join us for the Cozy Mystery Book Club Live Stream tomorrow, Tuesday August 27th at six p.m. central time zone.


My friend and fellow author Kelly Reynolds is the co-host for this month's club! Fun! I can't wait ti hear what everyone thinks about the book. 

We have a three day holiday at the end of the week!  My school has a half day on Friday so me and the Hubs are planning to go to a local bar and grill for a happy hour lunch because who doesn't love a good deal! Do you like a discount dinner?

1 comment:

the bookworm said...

It sounds good overall and I like the Colorado setting. Glad you enjoyed this one.