Saturday, August 3, 2024

The Sunday Post: Birthday Month, The Bridge to Fall, and Back to School All Rolled Into One!

 


The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. Join in weekly, bi-weekly, or for a monthly wrap-up. you can write about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. Join in weekly, bi-weekly, or for a monthly wrap-up. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme


How do you feel about August?  It's my birthday month, so I'm a fan.  August has also always been bittersweet for me. As a kid, I loved summer and once my birthday rolled around, I couldn't ignore the fact that school was right around the corner. When I had kids, same feelings!  And now that I work at a school, I'm happy to go back and also I like sleeping in! 

Fall was a very busy month, the hubs and I went to Colorado. He had altitude sickness and that put quite the damper on the trip. On the way home, I googled the elevation of my dream vacations, Coastal Maine, Scotland, and South Korea. Thank goodness all of those locations are close to sea level!

Below is a picture from our trip. If you find yourself in Colorado make sure you drink loads of water that helps with the elevation and the fact that Colorado is more desert than you think! 

This is from the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. A free city park!

I also went to a concert at The Salt Shed with my middle kiddo and another concert with a friend. I'm having a real music-filled summer!


I love how our Chicago concert venues have views of the City!  This one is right on the Chicago River so people sit in their boats and see the show as well! I went to this concert with middle kiddo, we saw AWOLNATION and 311.

How was your July?  I also read some books worth talking about and released my own book! 



I'm currently reading this book. It's my first time reading a Regency male/male romance. I'm very curious how they will have a HEA!





5 comments:

Northwoman said...

Sounds like you are having a great summer! I tend to be grumpy about July and August because they are so hot. This has been the worst in the 9 year I have lived in NC. The actual temperatures are only a little higher but the humidity has gone bonkers. So I just hunker down and stay inside mostly.

Congrats on your new book!


Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

Haze said...

Happy Birth Month! I love August in general too, but for no practical reasons except that I love the sound of August. I'm sorry your husband had altitude sickness, I'm not sure I've ever experienced it so I don't know how that feels, but I do suffer from motion sickness and flying can be a pain. I hope you all have a great week ahead!

Haze
https://thebookhaze.com/

Yvonne said...

Happy Birthday month! August is okay, but it's usually the hottest part of the summer. I usually prefer cooler weather, but I live in Florida so what can I expect?

Congrats on the release of your book! Good luck with it!

Have a great week!

sherry fundin said...

It's hubby's birthday month too, so I like it. :-)
sherry @ fundinmental

Rachel @Waves of Fiction said...

Sounds like you've had a wonderful summer so far! I'd love to visit Colorado at some point. Altitude sickness is no fun. I got it one time traveling to the mountains to snow ski. It went away and since then I haven't had it. I heard if you take aspirin it helps. Something about thinning your blood. And yes, hydrating. Have a wonderful week Victoria!