Pages

First of all...

Saturday, January 1, 2022

#TheSundayPost Welcome to 2022!


The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. Join in weekly, bi-weekly, or for a monthly wrap-up. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme 

On Tuesday of this past week, we finally got our first measurable snow of this winter, the kind of snow that sticks and is great for snowballs and snow people building. Since it was just about 0 celsius, and since we had our windows crack to allow for some air circulation due to youngest child isolating with Covid, I could hear our neighbor's kiddos playing outside during the snowfall, it was lovely. I also went for a run in the snow, because why not, right?


I do like to be optimistic and not worry about jinxing things, but I've gotta say I am reluctant to say anything about 2022 being a great year or the year of me! Ha!  The few years have taught me that maybe I don't want to claim any year as mine! 

In any case, I will be making goals and sharing books and working on selling Tastefully Simple, and just doing my best to enjoy life. I hope you are making plans to enjoy life this year as well. 

This week I'm kicking off the New Year with reviews of:


And also a book I've seen on a bunch of book blogs, Fated Blades.



So How about About You? Did you make any resolutions?





 




11 comments:

Miaismine said...

I hope your little one gets better soon! Your face looks so happy! How nice that you enjoy running in the snow! I love the cover of your cozy mystery! Nope, no real resolution, though I did develop a mantra! Take good care! Happy New Year!

Juli Rahel said...

I'm also hesitant about making any predictions or too many plans for 2022 as we never know, but I just booked my booster vaccine appointment and that is making me hopeful! We didn't get any snow this winter, so thank you for sharing your snow experience! I hope you have a lovely week :)
Juli @ A Universe in Words

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

Happy New Year! I'm not going to bother with resolutions because I haven't accomplished anything in the last few years. Life keeps messing up my plans!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I don't want to claim any years either! They have been so disappointing lately.

But I look forward to reading books, viewing movies and shows, and just staying somewhat sane. LOL

Enjoy your week and your year!

Elza Reads said...

Happy New Year! I hope it will be a great year filled with some awesome books.

Would love to experience a white Christmas one year. Enjoy the snow!

Elza Reads

Literary Feline said...

My daughter wishes she could visit you so she could play in the snow. :-) I hope your youngest is doing well despite COVID.

I do hope 2022 is better for all of us, but I am going in without expectation that it will be. Although, I am hopeful I will read many good books this year. :-)

I look forward to your reviews this coming week. Both books look like ones I would enjoy.

Have a great week and a Happy New Year!

Trin Carl said...

My resolution is to practice positivity and to reach out to a few more friends. thanks for stopping by my blog last week @theglobaldig.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

I do make New Year goals, on my regular blog and then book goals on my book blog. I wish we would get snow and I am glad you were able to get out and enjoy it. I hope your youngest gets over Covid soon and no one else gets it. Happy New Year! https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2022/01/stacking-shelves-4sunday-post-1.html

Greg said...

Happy New Year!!!!!!

Northwoman said...

I'm thinking about my goals and results I want in 2022. But I already have a system with a lot of energy in it. We might get a few snowflakes here this week. Happy New Year!

Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

Berls said...

Sorry to hear about your youngest having COVID, I hope they're doing ok. I'm so nervous that Dante will catch it before I'm able to get him vaccinated. I'm glad you enjoyed the snow (this Texan does not love seeing snow lol)! I have several goals for the year, but I'm a constant goal setter and am definitely taking a modest approach to 2022 after the past couple years! Happy New Year!