First of all...

Thursday, January 6, 2022

Fated Blades by Ilona Andrews! My Favorite Science Fiction!

 Honestly, I don't know how I forgot that I had this novella downloaded to read!  But here we are, it was a bit of a Christmas present from past me to current me I guess. 

I'm sure I have said it before, but I'll say it again, I love everything Illona Andrews publishes. No surprise that I thoroughly enjoyed this book, I actually have it in audio as well as kindle.  I started listening to it when I was having some very invasive dental work done and it was a little hard to get lost in the story with a drill in my jaw, so I listened to the first few chapters, and then later after my mouth began to heel, I switched over and read the kindle version from the start. 

As this is a novella and Ilona Andrews is one of my favorite authors, I read this in one sitting. It took me most of the story to visualize how the secare's blades and shields worked. I couldn't figure out where they had their hands during the battles.  I have a hold on The Kingsman Universe from my library and so by the time I finish reading that I should have a better grip on the ins and outs of their skills. 

This story is about Matias and Ramon who belong to rival households--Romeo and Juliet or the Hatfields and McCoys.  These families do not get along and they are also deadly weapons so it's a real hurdle to overcome.  Ancestral enemies to lovers?  Basically yes, with lots of action and some politics involved. 

4 out of 5 stars to Fated Blades!


4 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I love Ilona Andrews' books too. I haven't read all of their backlist yet--or even all their new ones--so definitely something to look forward to. I am glad to hear you enjoyed Fated Blades. That's one I haven't managed to get to yet.

Anstice Brown said...

Ooh, I love a good enemies to lovers. I don't think I've read any books by Ilona Andrews. Must fix that as I'm sure I have some on my Goodreads TBR.

Northwoman said...

Ilona Andrews is the favorite of my favorites, an always must read for sure.


Anne - Books of My Heart

Berls said...

I've enjoyed all the Ilona Andrews I've read, but I hadn't actually even heard of this series! I'm glad you enjoyed it, I'll have to look it up!