Pages

First of all...

Saturday, January 22, 2022

It's That Time Of Year! Winter Reading Challenge #TheSundayPost

 


The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. Join in weekly, bi-weekly, or for a monthly wrap-up. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme 

Each year my wonderful local library has two reading contests.  Adults read books and get raffle tickets to use to win various prizes donated by local businesses.  I know, it is a really nice thing for the library and businesses to do! The contest started this past week and I'll be making a concerted effort to try and win a prize!  I need to read as many books as I can! One prize is an Aero Garden! How nice would that be to win! 

Do you participate in any annual reading challenges? 


This week is the monthly Cozy Mystery Book Club Live Stream, so I have a post about that tomorrow!  I really enjoyed this month's book!


And here is an old Winter picture of the hubs and the kiddos- 







10 comments:

Mrs. S said...

Oh they look like their having so much fun in that picture. Hope you have a great week.

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

Good luck with the competition!

Lisa Mandina said...

Oh you just reminded me I need to sign up for my local libraries yearly reading challenge. They give a neat unique mug every year if you read a certain amount and then your name gets entered for a larger gift of some sort. This year it is something to a local movie theater. Hope you have a great week!
Lisa Loves Literature

Cindy said...

I am doing quite a few reading challenges this year. For whatever reason, I have never participated in a library challenge or give away. Good luck! https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2022/01/stacking-shelves-7sunday-post-4.html

Northwoman said...

I really just do COYER, then host the Library Love and Read-along. I challenge myself to read at least 3 books I own each month and at least one a freebie.

We got snow this week and I saw kids tubing down a little hill on the golf course when Lulu and I walked today.

Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

Literary Feline said...

Good look with the reading contest! I hope you win a prize. I love the photo you shared! What memories! I hope you have a great week!

Greg said...

I love a good cozy :)

Carla Loves to Read said...

Good luck with your library challenge.

Martha Eskuchen said...

I have a cozy mystery to read/listen to later this week - Up to No Gouda.
Have a good week, stay warm and Happy Reading!

Berls said...

That's really nice of them to do - I've seen similar for kids locally but I don't think we have any for adults. Good luck!