Pages

First of all...

Friday, July 9, 2021

When It Comes to Thrillers,

 Today I have a review of a physical book that was published 20 years ago.  Sometimes it's hard to believe 2001 was two full decades ago.  The book is called The Third Victim and it is by Lisa Gardner who has been writing for almost 30 years.  If you click on her name, that will take you to her website.  The Third Victim is part of a series, but you don't need to read the first book to enjoy this thriller. 

Major CW- The book is about a school shooting. 

When it comes to thrillers, I have reached the conclusion that I don't need the main character to be likeable or even realistic, I'll still read the book because I am invested in the ticking time clock of disaster looming.  In this book, the main female character, Raine, honestly didn't feel like a real person, she was more like an amalgam of 'strong' female cop tropes. And the villain was pretty ridiculous.  But the book was easy to pick up and put down, not a lot of characters to remember or get invested in, so it's a book you can keep in your car and read when you are waiting at an appointment, picking someone up, on lunch break, etc. 

My star rating of this book is 3 stars.  If I had to describe it in one word, I would say, it's fine. 

**********************************************************************

This weekend is our city's fest.  As part of the fest, they have bingo.  I have never bingo'd at the fest,but I'm planning to drag the husband there for bingo under the tent. This is a great year to do things I've never done before--maybe I'll win big!  I'll be sure to let you know how it goes! 

Have a great weekend! 


No comments: