Pages

First of all...

Thursday, July 1, 2021

A Lovely Book for Summertime: Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets of the Universe

The first two-thirds of June were hot and dry. Then the rain came down, and down and down.  My garden is going to eclipse our scarecrow! 


I listened to the audio version of this book which is read by Lin-Manuel Miranda, he does a wonderful job.  He has amazing source material to work with; this book is so lovely. It's beautifully written. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe is a rare book that I enjoyed so much that after having listened to it, I'm going to go by a physical copy so I can read it and keep it and read it again. 

If you haven't read it already, go get it. It's a story of boys and summer and life and families.  It's clear early on why it has won many awards. Even if you don't usually read YA, if you love books, give it a read. 

“Summer was here again. Summer, summer, summer. I loved and hated summers. Summers had a logic all their own and they always brought something out in me. Summer was supposed to be about freedom and youth and no school and possibilities and adventure and exploration. Summer was a book of hope. That's why I loved and hated summers. Because they made me want to believe.”
― Benjamin Alire Sáenz, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe



 

No comments: