First of all...

Saturday, May 15, 2021

#TheSundayPost My Belated Mother's Day!

 


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.  See rules here: Sunday Post Meme

Last Sunday we celebrated Oldest Son's birthday with his favorite pizza, so I opted to request any Mother's Day celebration for me to be moved this Sunday. Since I recently went to Love's Sweet Arrow and purchased a nice stack of books for myself, I don't really need any presents for Mother's Day.  Instead, I'm expecting my family to put up my pool. 

 I was planning to get a pool last summer to celebrate being done with cancer treatment and the momentous occasion of being alive for half a century; however, the global pandemic caused a run on pop-up pools and also ruined my plans to have old lady backyard pool parties. 

I bought a pool and all the supplies necessary for it, about five minutes after President Biden signed the stimulus bill and now tomorrow is the day my wonderful family can get that pool set up!  The forecast is calling for temperature in the 80s later this week...and I can't wait to float in my pool with a book in my hand! 

How are things by you?  I hope you had a good week! Comment below and share any fun summer plans you have coming up! 

What I'll be reviewing this week:




5 comments:

Esther @ BiteIntoBooks said...

Sounds like you had a week of celebrating so many important things :)
I hope you'll be able to enjoy your pool very soon!

Greg said...

Haha have fun with the swimming! :):) The Guest List looks like a good one...

Elza Reads said...

Happy belated Mother's Day to you then.

I can't imagine pool weather anymore. We've had rain and dropping weather here in SA the past week. Winter sure is coming.

Can't wait to see your thoughts on The Guest List. I loved it!

Have a good week and enjoy your pool.

Elza Reads

Gayathri Lakshminarayanan said...

Those are some interesting books on your reviewing/reading list. I hope you get your pool time soon.

Northwoman said...

Yay for pool parties! Our HOA pool is open and it's supposed to get to 80s and then 90s by the end of the week. We haven't been there yet; too busy the summer we moved in and too COVID last year. I LOVED the Guest List so much (on audio).

Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post