First of all...

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Website for Cheap Audiobooks and A New #2021AudioBookChallenge Book Review!

 If you have an Audible Plus subscription this wonderful novella is included in your membership! Bonus!

I listen to this book to kick off my participation in the #2021AudiobookChallenge I've set a lofty goal for the year!  If you like to listen to books or want to start listening to books join the challenge, you don't need to use Audible. You can borrow audiobooks from your local public library and listen via an app on your phone (called Libby or Overdrive).  There is also a website called Chirp Books where you can buy books at a very reasonable cost.  I have a discount link here you can use to get $5.00 toward Chirp Books. Since they have options for $2.99, $3.99, etc. The $5 goes farther than you would think!

Below is my review, but before I leave you to that, a quick note on Monday 1/18/2021 I'll be participating in the MLK Giveaway Hop.  You can see a button for it on the right-hand side of this page. I am going to be giving away a copy of The Sound of Stars by Alechia Dow to one lucky commenter. You'll be able to enter to win books by Black Authors on a bunch of other blogs as well. 

Here is my latest review!

The House on the WaterThe House on the Water by Margot Hunt
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

If you enjoy Agatha Christie you’ll love this modern tale of a vacation gone wrong. It’s novella-length so you can listen to it over the course of a couple workouts or while cleaning the house. Margot Hunt gives everyone involved plausible motives and in the end, we are left to decide if the killer will get off or not. I think they won’t get away with it. What I loved about this story is that the killer thinks they have avoided becoming a cliche, when in fact by killing the victim, they have become a completely pathetic cliche. It's delightful! A very satisfying listen!



View all my reviews

1 comment:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Glad you enjoyed this book so much!