Pages

First of all...

Sunday, January 10, 2021

Sunday Already? #TheSundayPost : Week 2 of 2021!


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.  See rules here: Sunday Post Meme


I hope you had a nice week!  In running news, I got my Yaktrax so I can run in snow and ice and not fall. This should help ensure that the weather is nice and I won't need the fancy new running accessory!  I also survived my first doctor's appointment of the year. I'll likely write about that another day, the situational anxiety of going to see a Medical Oncologist--good times. 😟

This week I read books like it was my job - links to this weeks posts and reviews are here:


Coming up this week:
-Book review of Confessions of a Curious Shopkeeper by Elizabeth Green (COYER Seasons Challenge book) 
-AudioBook Review of an Audible Original and a Website for getting audiobook discounts & Winter Decor talk. 
-Book Review of Downward Death- A new cozy mystery with a Yoga theme!  -And a recipe I tried because I had leftover crushed pineapple. 

The time has come to take down our Christmas tree, and with a big hat tip to Leanne W. I took a picture of many of the ornaments from our tree before wrapping them up until late next November. 

A pile of memories! Some going back as far as 50 years!  



10 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

The memories are great! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Yvonne said...

I hope all goes well with your doctor appointments.

I'm looking forward to reading your review of the Elizabeth Green book. It looks good.

I hope you have a great week. Take care.

M. Ravenel said...

That's amazing you have so many ornaments from over 50 years ago. Those memories are priceless.

The yoga mystery book sounds interesting! Looking forward to checking out your review.

Greg said...

We took our tree down this weekend as well. I'm always a little bummed when the holiday stuff gets packed up. :)

I like a good cozy now and then. Have a great week!

Maureen's Books said...

Ow wow!I I love that you have the same ornaments for 50 years. That such a great tradition. When our baby girl was born in 2018, I bought a Christmas ornament with her name and date on it. I plan to do that too next year, when our baby boy is here. Love it!
Have a great week and happy reading.

Literary Feline said...

I had to look up what Yaktrax are because I had no idea. I have never lived anywhere where it snows. I am glad you will be able to run in the snow and ice now! I love the photo of your Christmas ornaments. I wish I had thought to do that before I packed my way mine. I hope you have a great week and enjoy your reading!

Rachel @Waves of Fiction said...

Great that you got something to make it possible to run in the snow. It's always nice to get outside even if you have to bundle up to do it. Hope your Oncology appointment went well. So many advances in that field. Wow, that's some history for the ornaments! Lovely that you have them still.

Have a great week and thanks for visiting my Sunday Post! :)

IzaBzh said...

I didn't know what Yaktrax were but they look good, I'm always afraid of walking and tripping (happened before). The yoga mystery is interesting, I'll be checking the review :)

jessicabookworm said...

I hope you won't/didn't suffer too much with your anxiety over your appointment and great to hear about your gadget for running in the snow (if only it would snow here!). I also love all your Christmas decorations, especially as so many of them have so many memories attached to them.😊 Take care and reading! 🙂

Northwoman said...

haha I love your sense of humor! Of course, you won't have snow and ice now that you have the equipment. I always read books like it's my job. lol The ornaments are great! I have some that old as well. I hope it was a good week and so glad you have joined COYER.

Anne - Books of My Heart