Pages

First of all...

Sunday, January 17, 2021

Will You Be Having a Three Day Weekend This Week? The Sunday Post is here -


 


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.  See rules here: Sunday Post Meme


Over the last week, no only did I finish up taking down the Christmas decorations, it was also warm enough one day that I managed to repot my plants. I am hoping that the plants I repotted enjoy their new spacious digs.  I am a newbie to keeping house plants alive, if you have any recommendations on plant foods and such please comment below! 



Tomorrow is Martin Lurther King, Jr. Day!  This year I am not working for the first time in many years. Because I love to share great books, I am participating in Mocha Girls Read and The Caffeinated Reader's  MLK Giveaway Hop. Tomorrow you can enter to win The Sound of Stars here as well as hop over to other participating blogs to find out about books from Black Authors and enter giveaways. There are so many fantastic mysteries, romance, fantasy, YA, etc, etc that have been published over the last few years and more coming out this year from Black authors!  


How are things in your neck of the woods?  Read any good books or seen any good movies lately?  Have any special plans for the Inauguration on Wednesday?  I will be trying a new meal from Blue Apron! 

Hoping you have a great week- 

15 comments:

collettakay said...

I don't have a single "live" houseplant! I just have learned over the years that I'm not good at keeping them watered and alive. My grandmother had a "green thumb" that did NOT get passed on to me! lol

Thanks for stopping by!

Colletta

M. Ravenel said...

I want to grow herbs in my house, but I'm afraid my cat will nibble on them. I thought about houseplants, too, but yeah, my cat likes to eat things. lol

Victoria7401 said...

Plant Catnip? :-D

vvb32 reads said...

I'm looking forward to the bloom of the one plant in the house, an amaryllis bulb.

Greg said...

Half the time we forget to water our plants, but we're getting better. :)

Enjoy your weekend!!!

Northwoman said...

My daughter is really good with orchids, gets them to bloom. I haven't done houseplants for years. My grandma was great with African violets and I'd like to have some. Our Christmas decorations are still all up because I am minimizing movement still. But we just decorated Christmas Eve so I'm not going to feel too badly about it. Happy reading!

Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

All my indoor plants are plastic...and very dusty!

Wishing you a great reading week

Laura at Library of Clean Reads said...

I have mixed experience with plants, some thrive and some die. Anyhow, I hope you enjoy your day off. Have a great reading week!

Literary Feline said...

I am horrible with plants. My poor roses are alive by blind luck, I am sure. And automatic sprinklers. LOL I hope your plants does well! I hope you enjoy your day off tomorrow. My husband has it off for the first time in years as well. He's looking forward to it too. :-) I hope you have a great week!

Anstice Brown said...

I am terrible with houseplants so no advice here, sorry! I usually choose hardy plants that ar almost impossible to kill. I've had my spider plant for years and very rarely remember to water it, let alone anything else.

I'll be watching the Inauguration with interest from the UK.

Have a great week!

Lisa Mandina said...

I like to joke that I have a black thumb, so no plants with me! I do have a three day weekend, although I kept thinking I didn't over the weekend as I tried to plan my day! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier for my wrap-up post on Lisa Loves Literature!

Katherine P said...

My husband is the plant person here and he always does a great job. I always do okay with vegetables but for some reason I can't keep a flower or other plant alive to save my life! I need to try Blue Apron. We had a Hello Fresh subscription for ages but I let it go because I was getting bored with the recipes. A new company might be fun. Have a great week!

Yvonne said...

I'm awful with houseplants so I've given up on having them a long time ago.

I hope you have a great week!

Berls said...

I tried plants for the first time in a long time this year - I figured, I'm home, so why not? And they lasted all summer and into the fall. Over the winter though, they all died. My outside ones I expected to die, but my indoor ones I just couldn't get the light right. I hope your plant does well!

Have a great week!

IzaBzh said...

I'm not the most accurate advice giver when it comes to plant, there's an orchid that keeps blooming on my desk, I don't know why - I just don't move it ! Usually, I keep it on the safe side with geraniums, they're hard to kill. Enjoy your week :)