Pages

First of all...

Saturday, March 13, 2021

#TheSundayPost Goal This Week: Mason Bee Open House

 


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.  See rules here: Sunday Post Meme

Happy Daylight Savings Time to everyone who lost an hour!  On the plus side it will be daylight longer today!  We here in Chicagoland had glorious weather on Saturday but it has now taken a turn for the worse --but still not too bad. I mean we have had some very wintery Marches around these parts.  Once it warms up later this week, I've tasked the Hubs with hanging up our new Mason Bee House!  
Keep your fingers crossed that there are some Mason bees in our area looking for new digs. Mason bees are excellent pollinators so it would be great to have some nearby that can pollinate my garden plants this year.  Over the last few years, I've had bad luck getting my pepper plants pollinated! 

How was your week?  The most interesting thing I did was canvassing for a couple local candidates.  An election for many local offices- ie Township Clerk, Mayor, School Board, etc. is coming up on April 6th so there is less than a month to go. I'm glad I am able to volunteer to help candidates I support and it's a great way to get those steps in! 

Did you do anything interesting this week? 

You can see my reviews from last week here: 
(exciting news- I've scored the NetGalley ARC of book 2 in the Fairy Godmothers, Inc. series! 

Upcoming this week I'll be sharing my thoughts on these books:



Thanks for stopping by! 




12 comments:

Greg said...

The time change always screws me up lol but I do love the extra hour of sunshine! Let's hope the weather doesn't get too bad...

Good luck with the Mason house! How cool!!!

Ruby Jo @ Bookishly Ruby said...

I hope you ill get some bees this year! I got some new seeds for some very pretty flowers and I can't wait for them so make my garden all pretty.

I can't wait to read what you thought of A Princess In Theory. Loved that book and I can't wait to read the next one in the series.

Other than that, it's been a rather slow week for me. I've mostly played catchup with my favorite TV shows. Happy reading!!

Gayathri Lakshminarayanan said...

I never really understood the losing of an hour. I live in the MENA region and we don't technically have that daylight saving tradition. Stay safe!

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

Good luck with the bees! My neighbor has bee hives, but I don’t have any bee-attracting plants, so I don’t see his bees very often.

Aj @ Read All The Things!

Jinjer-The Intrepid Angeleno said...

Please keep us updated with news and pictures of the Mason Bees!!! I never knew one could hang a little bee house.

Heather @ Random Redheaded Ramblings said...

Our clocks in the UK don’t go forward until the 28th , I’m looking forward to the nights staying lighter!

Northwoman said...

Our plants attract bees and butterflies in my yard. Once we get vaccinated I'll get more excited about going out to do more things like the canvas you helped. I'm going to take advantage of the daylight change by grilling tonight and more often.

Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

M. Ravenel said...

Wow, I never knew about mason bees. That's really cool!
I am really digging that Alyssa Cole cover!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I do hate the time changes!

I guess after all these years, I should be used to it.

Enjoy your books and your week, and thanks for visiting my blog.

Ronyell (a.k.a. Rabbitearsblog) said...

Glad you had a great week!

Here’s my Sunday Post!

Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

What an interesting idea to have a household bee house. I’m allergic so I prefer they stay away from me.

Wishing you a great reading week

Yvonne said...

All of your books look good. I especially like Bowling Blunder. I have to check that one out. Hope you have a great week!