Pages

First of all...

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Boy Am I Going To Miss The Reluctant Royals! #SeriesinaMonthChallenge And Avocado Toast Disappointment

 I would like to move to the alternative universe of Alyssa Cole's Reluctant Royals series.  Too bad you can't do a Go Fund Me to raise funds to buy a magical ticket into the fictional realm.  At least I had the #SeriesinaMonth Challenge.  This series was a wonderful escape during the last few weeks of winter.

What a great-looking cover, right?  I like the bold colors and the dresses each of our heroines has worn on the series covers and this dress is no exception.  Beautiful! This book is featured in the book so it's nice to see a representation of Nya in it. 

I am pretty bummed that this is the last book in the series and that I have already read the first book in the spin-off series, How to Catch A QueenAt least I can look forward to reading the second book n the spin-off series (Runaway Royals) this summer. 



I loved A Prince on Paper, a 5-star review for me. Picture me ticking these features off on my hand  1. It has the wonderful Nya, cousin to Naledi,  who is inexperienced, but not naive and sensitive in the best ways rake, Johan.  2. There is a tiny fake kingdom  3. there is an exploration of life for someone who has experienced Munchhausen by Proxy. 4. There is a fantastic, fantastic subplot about gender identity and Number five, but really first in my heart... A fake engagement!  I love a good fake engagement. Alyssa Cole is on the top of her game in this book, it's so good and why isn't it a Netflix limited series already. C'mon now! 

Alyssa Cole's writing contains just the right amount of humor! 

Do yourself a favor and get this book, get the whole series but esp get my two favorites, A Prince on Paper and Can't Escape Love! 

*******

Welp, this whole growing avocado tree from a pit is not panning out so well.  Dare I say, it's the pits? Yes, I do dare to make that pun! 



At least I have spring in the great outdoors to look forward to and on that note; time for a couple of springtime photos: 

I see this bird's nest on my walks and runs, so far no eggs. If that changes y'all will be the first to know--well besides the birds! 

Look!! You can see the first hints of green!!

No comments: