Pages

First of all...

Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Two Challenges To Talk About!

 My local grocery store had a very good deal on Eye of Round Beef Roast, So I said challenge accepted, let me see if I can cook that.  I didn't know that eye of round roast is tricky to cook since it doesn't have that handy fat marbling that allows you to throw it in a slow cooker and forget it.  In other words, Eye of Round Roast isn't like Chuck Roast.

I did some Google searches and found this recipe from the A Family Feast blog which I followed. I did marinate the roast overnight before cooking it today.  I will say that my oven runs hot and I should have turned the heat down from the 500 the recipe used to 475. The fat cap on my roast was overdone. Otherwise, the roast turned out. For sides, I made roasted potatoes as well as cabbage, carrots, and cipollini onions. 

Here is how it looked going into the oven. I put it on a little rack in a roasting pan, but there wasn't much in the way of grease and I don't think the rack was essential. 
This is the plate of food I prepared and brought up to my husband to eat since he was on a work call. Isn't he lucky to have such a nice wife? 

The second challenge I want to talk about is a book series challenge that I'm going to participate in this March.  The challenge is called Can You Read A Series In A Month? My plan is to use this challenge as an opportunity to read the Reluctant Royals series by Alyssa Cole.  The series is a contemporary romance series of three books and two novellas. 

Join me! Let's read a series in March, and then when March is over it will be time for springtime! 






3 comments:

Tanya @ Girl Plus Books said...

Oh my, that roast looks delicious. I've never tried that cut but it sure looks like you made the most of it. :)

Carla Loves to Read said...

How was the roast, was it tender? I have tried to cook one, but it was tough. Perhaps marinating is the trick. I might do read a series in a month for March. I am doing Reading Ireland, so will look and see if there is s series by an Irish author i want to read.

Victoria7401 said...

It was pretty tender, could have been more tender but it wasn't too tough. I def. think marinating is a must!