Pages

First of all...

Saturday, February 13, 2021

Happy Valentine's Day! #TheSundayPost Feb 14th!

 


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.  See rules here: Sunday Post Meme

Happy Valentine's Day to You! 
I recycled a Cheryl's Cookies box to package up the Hubs Valentine's Day present.  I got him Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee we will see if it lives up to their ad which says it doesn't taste like mushrooms...

The halfway point of February is here and this is the point of winter where my attempts to find the beauty in Winter fades away.  Ugh. snow, slush, sliding, cold air, cold wind, cold face, cold feet, and dry inside air. If I could go somewhere warm and sunny for a week to recharge I would go but that is definitely not going to happen this year--maybe in 2022?  That would be so refreshing. 

Well back to Valentine's Day, I hope you feel the love today!  I plan to give some chocolate to the kids and eat some myself! 

Upcoming this week-
Tomorrow I'll be talking about Paczki Day and reviewing Blood Heir by Ilona Andrews
Wednesday I'll be sharing a recipe from Real Simple for Spicy Chicken and Polenta along with a review of a fun upcoming book called Yoga Pant Nation.
Friday I'll be sharing a Cozy Mystery Book Club review of Crime & Punctuation

Are you celebrating Valentine's Day today?  What about Mardi Gras on Tuesday?  


11 comments:

Linda @ (un)Conventional Bookworms said...

We don't really do anything special for Valentine's day, but my husband got me roses yesterday, which was nice :)
We actually have fairly cold weather today, and a little bit of snow on the ground, plus it's sunny.
Have a wonderful week ahead, stay safe and healthy.

Gayathri Lakshminarayanan said...

I would ask you to come to Dubai for some sunny and warm days but the cases are increasing here and I dunno how long the borders would be open either. So I think we are all staying put until 2022

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

My son bought a few slabs of leftover white chocolate from work (he works in a restaurant) so that was our treat :)
I don’t care what anyone says about yoga pants, they are a gift!

Wishing you a great reading week

Elza Reads said...

Happy Valentines Day to you too! My husband actually forgot it's Valentines Day and he was quite confused to find a little prezzie on his bedside table this morning.

It's as hot as hell here with us and I can't imagine the snow at all. Don't think I'll get fed up with it. Or maybe not the first year or so!

Have a good week an take care of yourself.

Elza Reads

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

I have Blood Heir for Audio and cannot wait to listen. I hope you love it!

Book of Secrets said...

I'm so glad February is half-done. Happy Valentine's Day!

Northwoman said...

I hope you are having a lovely Valentine's Day. I can't believe the month is half over. I LOVED Blood Heir - you are going to have a treat. Happy reading!

Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

Rachel @Waves of Fiction said...

I have a copy of Blood Heir, I just need to set aside time to read it as I love Ilona Andrews so much! Stay warm and have a lovely week!

Greg said...

Happy Valentine's Day! And same here- this is the time of year when winter gets old. :) Hopefully spring is here before long!

Hope you have a wonderful week!

Literary Feline said...

You will have to keep us posted on whether Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee tastes like mushrooms or not so I know whether to get it for my husband. My husband gave me my favorite chocolate candy for Valentine's Day and flowers. It was sweet. I got him a couple of books he'd been wanting. I have my daughter a soft pink kitty blanket, which she's declared as her favorite blanket--so I must have done good. LOL I hope you have a great week!

Victoria7401 said...

The Hubs does like the mushroom coffee. I tried it too, and the ads are correct, it doesn't taste like mushrooms. The Hubs also says it doesn't make him jittery like reg. coffee.