First of all...

Thursday, February 25, 2021

How Weird Would It Be To Have Wings? #BookReview

 


This is the second book in the Guild Hunter series and in this book Elena is now an immortal who has been in a coma for a year. The upside to being immortal is that if you spend a year in a coma, you still have all the time in the world after you wake up.  Elena also has wings, which the more I read about the wings the weirder it seemed to me as a lowly human. Can you even imagine?  I can't figure out how I'd put on a shirt and I'd be super bummed that I couldn't sleep on my back. 
 
It does make sense that touching someone's wings without their permission is extremely rude. Like just randomly touching someone's hair except in this case it's feathers. Nalini Singh has such an incredible imagination. This could be just another kick-ass heroine paranormal romance, but instead of settling for that--, she builds a world where Elena gets wings and becomes some sort of hybrid vampire hunter/human/angel.

As she adapts to her new life, she has to figure out how to stay alive since the newly immortal are easy to kill if you are an archangel and most of Raphael's fellow archangels do not like Elena. In this series, Nalini has changed what it means to be an angel. You definitely get the feeling that these angels could more accurately be termed demons. One of the reasons Nalini Singh is a must-read author for me is because she plays with fantasy stereotypes and expands the ideas of what can be done in a story. 

4.0 stars! 

1 comment:

IzaBzh said...

That's funny, I've just been commenting on a post about her Psy-changelling series, that I adore. Nalini Singh is a wonderful writer and I would love to finish the Psy and start this one :)