First of all...

Friday, February 5, 2021

#TheSundayPost Love is in the Air? Or is that Football?

 


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.  See rules here: Sunday Post Meme

Will you be watching the football game today?  I'm a commercials person. My husband likes the game. I'm sure he'll be watching and I'll be reading a book!  
Today 2/7/2021 is the one-year anniversary of my last radiation treatment.  I sure do hope I live a nice long rest of my life into my 80s and beyond and never need any sort of cancer treatment again. For what it's worth, radiation is a walk in the park compared to surgery and chemo, but it is still rough.  My skin will never be the same, but the trade-off was hopefully very worth it. 
I plan to spend some time today in the kitchen with the microwave reminiscing about the good old radiation days. Ha!

Coming up on 2/9 a book I reviewed The Rakehell of Roth is being released. If you liked Bridgerton on Netflix, I think you'll like this book even more than that!

So how about you?  Do you have plans for the big game?

12 comments:

Greg said...

We'll be watching the game but I don't get into it as much as I used to. the commercials are usually fun though! And congratulations on your one year anniversary! Here's to many more and no recurrence!

Nicci said...

I'm in the UK so the Superbowl is a pretty niche thing that only super fans stay awake for... So, I won't be watching, lol.

Happy one-year anniversary! May you get your wish of a nice long life with no more treatments.

Have a good week. :) (#SundayPost)

Book of Secrets said...

We'll be watching the game. I like the snacks the best. :-) I haven't seen Bridgerton yet, but it's on our watch list.

Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction said...

Yay for your one-year anniversary since your treatment! I pray that you never need any treatment again.

Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

M. Ravenel said...

Happy anniversary!
I probably won't be watching the game, but it will be on as background noise while I get other things done. lol

Yvonne said...

We aren't football fans, but I might watch the half time show. Congrats on your one year anniversary. That's wonderful.

I hope you have a great week!

Mar @ BOOKIVERSE said...

Congrats on your treatment anniversary, hopefully never again! I will be reading too during the game and just look up to watch the commercials :) Hope we enjoyed it... in our bookworm way :)

Tessa said...

I love the commercials too (and read during the game...sshhhh - don’t tell anyone)! Wishing you a cancer-free life that goes well into your 90s and beyond 😊

Northwoman said...

No I don't watch tv at all usually. I am blog visiting this afternoon and will be reading after dinner. I'm starting Caressed by Ice finally. Yay for being done with radiation.

Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

Literary Feline said...

Happy End of Treatment Anniversary! That is definitely worth celebrating! No football for us, but we are enjoying a much needed quiet Sunday. Have a great week!

Maureen's Books said...

That's definitely something to celebrate! Congrats on your end of treatment celebration ;)
I live in The Netherlands.. so although we hear about the Superbowl.. It's way past my bedtime to watch it ;)
Have a great week and happy reading.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

A year without treatment is good news. My friend died in January of cancer two months after her diagnosis. Awful. I miss her so much.