Pages

First of all...

Saturday, April 6, 2024

The Sunday Post! Problem Solved!

  


The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. Join in weekly, bi-weekly, or for a monthly wrap-up. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme 

When I tried to check out my blog today, I got redirected to a spammy site. Fortunately, I was still able to access the back end of my blog. One of the widgets on my blog was causing a major problem.  I am glad I was able to delete most of the widgets and solve the problem. I've had this blog for so long, I'd be really sad if it just up and went away.

This week we get two days off of school for Eid, the celebration at the end of Ramadan. It's like getting Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off. I'm planning to use it to make a concerted effort to catch up on blog posts and reviews. Last week I was in North Georgia visiting my parents and unfortunately, the husband came down with a cold during the trip which took most of the fun out of it. At least it wasn't Covid or Strep, I would hate to have brought that to my parents!  

We are going back with the whole family in August for my dad's 80th birthday. To be on the safe side, I think Tom should take Emergen-C and a daily allergy pill since the last two times we've visited the mountains of Georgia, he's gotten sick! 

How was your week?  Read any good books lately? I'm currently finishing a new novella Buttercup and the Beard  by Alina Lane. On the TV I've been watching the new Shogun and last night started watching Sugar on Apple TV. Both shows are fantastic and I highly recommend you watch them! 

Here are a couple pictures from the mountains:



And a picture of the lunch I had at my brother's restaurant:





4 comments:

Northwoman said...

I want to hear more about your brother's restaurant. I'm glad you were able to fix things up for your blog. I get an allergy attack almost every time I go to South Carolina in the spring. I'm really allergic to something that grows there.


Anne - Books of My Heart

Greg said...

Oh yikes! That would be scary! Glad it wasn't too bad of an issue...

I love the look of the restaurant

Literary Feline said...

I am glad you were able to resolve the problem with your blog. I hope your husband is feeling better and you have a nice holiday. We've been watching Shogun also and are enjoying it. I hope you have a wonderful week!

Haze said...

Happy Eid to you and your family! Sorry to hear your husband came down with a cold. I hope he's feeling better now. The pictures look amazing! And that lunch looks really good!