Pages

First of all...

Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Neon Gods and Local Bookstores

 


Have you read this book? It's very spicy! I picked it up at my local bookstore, Love's Sweet Arrow. I'm very lucky not only to have a local bookstore but one that is a romance bookstore! This month one of the bookstore's book clubs is reading this book, and I am excited to go and be part of the discussion when the book club meets later this month! 

Neon Gods has over two hundred thousand reviews on Goodreads! Amazing, clearly this has been a very popular book. If you ask me, part of the reason why this is popular is not because there is a sex dungeon, but because it's a great update to the ancient story of Persephone and Hades. I read a physical copy of the book and it took me about four sittings to read it. I liked the world enough that I was ready to go straight from this book to the next book in the series. I loved that in this story, Hades isn't described as very handsome but not tall or particularly imposing, even though he is Hades. Most importantly for me, in this story, Persephone isn't kidnapped by Hades. I like this version better. 

Have you read this book? What did you think?


4 comments:

Sophia Rose said...

I have seen this series grow more and more popular as each installment released. I remember enjoying some her older super hot romances, but this spin on it with Greek myth does sound fab.

I am fortunate to have a good indie bookstore within driving distance too.

Northwoman said...

I've seen this one but haven't been reading as much romance right now. I used to live right by a great used bookstore but I don't get physical books very often. I mostly want digital so I have it with me and not to clean around them.

Anne - Books of My Heart


Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

I have read the author previously but not this series and I may need to start!

Literary Feline said...

I was considering moving this one up in my TBR pile to read. I really like that it features Persephone and Hades, which is why I added it to my shelves. I am glad you liked it--and especially glad to hear this version doesn't include Hades kidnapping Persephone.