Pages

First of all...

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

A Couple of Short, Seasonal, and Slightly Spooky Listens


I love this time of year, I love the decorating, the food, and of course the ghost stories! I found a couple of short listens via audible and the Libby app from my library. 

The first is an audio play of the famous Agatha Christie book And Then There Were None. The audio play is from the BBC and crams the book into a very digestible hour and about twelve minutes.  It's a great accompaniment to walk in the woods, or while raking leaves, or baking a  pumpkin pie!  The plot of And Then There Were None is clear in the title. There is a group of people and someone is picking them off one by one.  The mystery is not that people are going to die, it's the who and the why. And if you want more Agatha Christie there is a good adaptation of Crooked House streaming right now. 


I also listened to a novella-length book called The House by Raelyn Drake.  It was listed as YA, but I think it was mislabeled The House was definitely a middle-grade story.  Again it was a short engaging listen, perfect for this time of year. The story is about a group of high school kids who spend a few hours in their town's alleged Haunted House. The kids are trying to debunk the myth.  It's fun to see how things turn out. It's a very cozy mystery-type listen, you can picture the quaint town and the kids are determined to figure out the mystery. 
4 stars for sure! 


I picked up googly eyes so I'm ready to make some fun Halloween treats this month! 
I'm going to try to make these brownies or make cupcakes with the same frosting and decorations! 








1 comment:

Carla Loves to Read said...

How fun. I will have to see if I can find the Agatha Christie book. Those brownies look like a fun treat. I hope they turn out for you.