First of all...

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Another Fun Cozy from Stella Bixby! Magical Mane Series Book 5!

I enjoyed this book as much as I like this cover, which is to say, a whole lot!  Since book one, I've been all-in to watch Ellie's journey from a wandering yogi to the owner of a magical farm and occupational therapy business.

In this installment, we learn more about Ellie's mysterious family and a huge expectation that awaits her.  She may be taking on a very important role in the magical world she is just now learning to navigate. I'm so excited to see what happens next.

The central mystery in this book is a good one, I was kept guessing right up until the reveal.  I liked the introduction of a witch that can communicate with animals. I would like her to come and chat with my dog! 

 My favorite scene in the book is not part of the mystery at all, it's a scene between Jake and Ellie. I don't want to spoil it, suffice it to say I love that theme of found family that winds through this series. 

I also like Xander and I hope my trust that at the end of the day he will actually be good for Ellie despite what others say, is not misplaced!

Overall, as I have said each time I read a book in this series, if you like a magical cozy, read this series! It's fun and I like that it takes place in Iowa--not a typical cozy town location!

4.25 stars. 


*****

Also today it was 88 degrees!  I'm over it! Come on Fall!  It's the last month of marathon training and I'm at the point where I'm tired of running especially in this ding-dong heat!  




 

2 comments:

Northwoman said...

Yes I am over the heat. We are supposed to get 70s this week! Even if the humidity is lower I could get more done outside. 5 hearts for Kaleb! I was waiting for this book. I hope to see you later at the FB chat if you can.


Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

Literary Feline said...

This cozy sounds like such fun! I will need to try this series.