Pages

First of all...

Saturday, April 10, 2021

#TheSundayPost is Here! Happy #NationalPetDay !!!!

 


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.  See rules here: Sunday Post Meme

Did you know that April 11th is #NationalPetDay?  Do you have a pet cat, dog, turtle, fish, etc?  Tell me more! 
His Royal Highness, Bowie "The Dog" 

Speaking of pets, Monday I'm reviewing Pint of No Return by Dana Mentick (I won an ARC for review from #NetGalley). This cozy mystery has a super lovable rescue dog named Noodles who is our sleuth's cozy companion.  



I also picked up a couple of Cozies from my library - Color Me Murder by Krista Davis. This is the April Cozy Mystery Book Club selection and I get to be a co-host for the YouTube live stream this month!  I also borrowed Death in D Minor which is the follow-up book from our March book club!


Don't forget to tell me about your cozy companions! Have a great week! 

14 comments:

M. Ravenel said...

Wow, had no idea it was National Pet Day. I'll have to spoil my furbaby a little extra today.
I recently listened to a podcast interview of Alexia Gordon talking about her Death in D Minor book! It sounds like a really fun read, and really cool that it takes place in Ireland!

crackercrumblife said...

Your books look good!!

I didn't know it was National Pet Day! We have a full house - 3 lizards and 3 cats. :)

Victoria7401 said...

A cat for every lizard and A lizard for every cat!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I have no pets these days, as they are not allowed where I live. Sigh.

Enjoy yours!

Here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

Jinjer-The Intrepid Angeleno said...

I have a white cat with black markings. When her home became filled with two little kids and a revolving door of puppies and kittens, she packed her bags and moved across the street to live with me and my 93-yo Mom. It's very quiet here and she is currently asleep in her chair on the back porch, snuggled in her blanket. She's outside a lot and could return to her former home if she wanted to, but she doesn't want to. LOL

Northwoman said...

Well you have seen pictures of our most adorable Lulu I am sure. I have actually been reading a few cozies and enjoyed them more than expected. You will see some of them in next month's series on Saturday.

Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

Greg said...

I did not know that! We have two cats and a fish :)

Death in Minor looks fun. :)

Yvonne said...

I have three cats. I didn't realize it was National Pet Day!

Pint of No Return looks really good. I added it to my wishlist.

Have a great week!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Cozies always look like great fun.

When I was a school librarian, I had a cockatiel, a parakeet, four guinea pigs, a hamster, a chameleon, a bearded dragon, a blue-tongued skink, fish, and red-eared sliders.

Katherine P said...

We have a cat who thinks he's a dog or sometimes a human - very rarely a cat. I'm much more of a dog person but he's won me over at least temporarily! I have Color Me Murder on my TBR. It sounds like a fun one. Have a great week!

Rachel @Waves of Fiction said...

I saw an author post a picture of her cat and that's how I found out about National Pet Day. Your dog does look royal in his pose! I love my two cats, so I should've posted a photo. I do enjoy mysteries, and I've read a cozy or two. Need to get to more. Happy reading and thanks for visiting my Sunday Post! :)

Literary Feline said...

I had forgotten about National Pet Month! I guess it's good I posted photos of my cats then. You have a very adorable dog. :-) Pint of No Return looks delicious--I mean good! I really want to read Gordan's series. I hope you have a great week!

Athira said...

National Pet Day? I completely missed it, though our dog is certainly celebrating every day as her very own royal holiday. All your books sound great - hope you are enjoying them!

Maureen's Books said...

Bowie looks like a very cute dog. We unfortunately don't have any pets anymore. I had to give our cat away when my daughter was born 2 years ago, because he just got really mean. A year before that we had to give away our parrot. So I'm not getting any more pets for now.. It's to sad when it doesn't work out. I loved dogs though ;)
Have a great week and happy reading.