Pages

First of all...

Thursday, July 19, 2007

I do not...do not...like Bananas

Bleh. Can't stand them, but I do remember liking them in grade school. I must have had some bad banana experiences buried deep in my subconcious that has cause me to avoid them like the plague. But many other people like them...and since I got this recipe from the Hungry Girl newsletter a service of the website http://www.hungry-girl.com/ , I thought I'd share for everyone who likes nanas...



Hunka Hunka Breakfast Love

(entire recipe: 225 calories, 4g fat,

615mg sodium, 40g carbs, 3g fiber,

13g sugars, 12g protein = 4 Points)


"The King" used to enjoy sandwiches loaded with peanut butter, banana and bacon.

We think Elvis would have loved this HG concoction!



1/2 cup light vanilla soymilk

1/4 cup banana slices

1 ounce extra lean turkey bacon

1 tbsp. sugar-free maple syrup


Directions: Place cereal in a bowl, and top with banana slices; set aside. Prepare bacon according to pac kage directions (either in the microwave, or in a pan with nonstick spray). Top cereal with soymilk. Plate bacon and drizzle with syrup. Enjoy!


Countdown to Nationals!: 6 days and I'll be in Minneapolis.
This picture was taken by Bordner Aerials



No comments: