Pages

First of all...

Thursday, March 30, 2023

Hexed by Kevin Herne


Let me tell you, while I was listening to this book, it was like I was wearing a shirt that said: please ask me questions.  My family kept interrupting my listening!  This is why I usually do most of my book listening while I'll out running.  However, I have a boot on my foot for likely stress fracture so I was trying to listen around my house, and that is why I listened to chapter 18 three times!  

This is the second book in Kevin Hearne's series and if I had to sum it up in just a few words I would say, it's giving me Harry Dresden, Wizard vibes.  That is, of course, a very good thing. My love for Oberon, Leif, and the Widow continues to grow and I like that Atticus has to navigate solving paranormal problems without getting on the wrong side of the human police.  He also has to work with witches, and that I think is a good thing because he complains in book one about how he can't stand witches and that they are all terrible--well now in this book he is learning not all witches are the same. When I'm reading I enjoy seeing the main characters having to confront their own prejudices; it's a fine area for growth in a character arc.

This was a solid 4 read for me and I am ready to see what happens next! 


 

4 comments:

Northwoman said...

Thank so much for reading with us. I love getting your take on things. I'm loving the humor in these books. I totally agree about the character growth in Atticus as he goes from being independent and hidden to developing more allies and connections. I hope you can make the chat.

Anne - Books of My Heart

Sophia Rose said...

LOL, yeah interruptions right when you finally get the chance to listen in happens frequently around here, too. Hope your foot feels better soon.

Enjoyed getting your take on book two. Onward we go to book three. :)

Rachel @Waves of Fiction said...

Oh, sorry to hear about your stress fracture! I know what you mean about being frustrated getting interruptions when you're trying to read or listen to an audiobook! Glad you're enjoying the series! Atticus, Oberon, the widow Mac Donagh are a hoot!

Rolé @ Hooked By That Book said...

This is my first time reading this series and I'm really having fun with it so far. Great review.