Pages

First of all...

Monday, October 24, 2022

Finally Not Feeling Sick AND a *Delighful* new Holiday Romance by A Debut Author!

So I started off September with Covid finally catching me. I was so close to getting that next booster when BAM! I was infected. Fortunately, it wasn't that bad. I have had way worse colds and cases of flu.

Unfortunately, shortly after getting over the covid fatigue, I caught a cold--did I mention I'm working at a school with kindergarteners and first graders?  Yep, so you can see how I wound up with a cold. Any who so that turned into a sinus infection.   Yesterday I finished antibiotics and am now feeling much better. The dumb cold was worse than Covid for me. That's why I get vaccinated for all the stuff I can get vaccinated for, I really don't want any flu or more Covid or anything else. 

My reading has been at a snail's pace and watching TV shows and movies has been more my speed.  This week I have managed to start feeling good enough to read!  




Today I am sharing a new book from a debut author, Kelly D. Reynolds.  Kelly is the creator of the romance book reviews podcast Boobies & Noobies. This is her debut book and it is a delightful, hot, full of sexy times holiday novella.  The book is set in LA and takes place from Thanksgiving to Christmas.  One of the things I liked about this book is that it takes place over weeks instead of days. It's light on the angst and heavy on Nora and Bowie falling in love. Kelly does a great job of putting just the right amount of holiday season--we have a Santa pub crawl, a tea room,  a cute dog, and talk of scones as well as a loving description of an actually delicious fruitcake. 
Best of all we have two likable leads who are grown folks who talk about what they need and want in a relationship and a wide open-door romance with toys and more! 
5 Stars!
Add this book to your kindle today --you'll thank me later! 

2 comments:

Northwoman said...

So glad you are feeling better.

Anne - Books of My Heart

WendyW said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better!