Pages

First of all...

Thursday, July 21, 2022

I Don't Even Like Office Romance Stories, And Yet

 

I was hooked within the first five pages. I loved this story of Vicky the dog whisperer with  traumatic past and Henry the megarich developer with a heart and a terrible mom.  If you enjoy contemporary romance that takes place in a work environment, I think you'll likely enjoy this book.

I don't like office settings at all and this one was a 5 star read to me! Let me give you the top 5 reasons why I I liked this romance--in no particular order.

1. Annika Martin brings plenty of heat while leaving the physical bodies of the MC vague. The main characters see each other as beautiful and we get general appearance comments but we don't hear details about their personal appearances ie- her flat stomach, his washboard abs, etc. This was nice, I could imagine Vicky and Henry as 'normal' humans.

2. Vicky doesn't have a 'sassy' best friend. 

3. Henry doesn't have a scheming ex. 

4. There is a cute dog but he doesn't take over the story. 

5. There is a small breakup and a big break up.

There is a also interesting craft talk and not really any fashion talk which works for me. Close to the end there is an ancedote which turns into book two in this series, it was fun for me as the reader to see that short few sentences and know that it was going to come around and be a whole story.  Maybe I'll continue the series!

5 stars for this well written, all the right tropes for me contemporary romance! 

3 comments:

Northwoman said...

I'm glad this was such a hit for you! I've read her Carolyn Crane romantic suspense and urban fantasy series. I should read this.


Anne - Books of My Heart

Carla Loves to Read said...

Wonderful review, Victoria. I am glad you enjoyed this story.

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

Lol, I was never drawn to office romances, but this sounds cute!