First of all...

Friday, January 9, 2009

Beef Pepper Steak

From sparkrecipes.com

I am making this for dinner using left over Beef Tip Sirloin Roast from last night of which I am sure I don't have 12 oz . So it'll have less beef and less tomatoes as I have a 14 oz can of diced tomatoes vrs a 28oz can. I'm also going to sprinkle a little TS Southwest Seasoning Salt on my serving because I love a little lime and cumin and jalapeno w/pepper steak, and not surprisingly, Tom fan of bland cooking doesn't. We are having this over 1/2 white 1/2 brown rice. Oh and I'll used just a bit of garlic garlic vrs. garlic powder (of course)

Ingredients

12 oz beef round steak, cubed
garlic powder to taste (1 teaspoon or more)
1 large (28 oz) can of diced tomatoes (do not drain)
1 cup diced onion
1 cup green pepper strips (or more as you desire)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup water
2 teaspoons corn starch



Directions

BROWN 12 OZ ROUND STEAK CUT INTO BITE SIZE CUBES IN SKILLET SPRAYED WITH PAM. SPRINKLE ON GARLIC POWDER TO TASTE. TAKE OUT MEAT. SAUTE ONION AND GREEN PEPPER (SPRAY PAN AGAIN IF NEEDED). COOK UNTIL ALMOST TENDER. PUT MEAT BACK IN AGAIN, AND ADD CAN OF WHOLE TOMATOES AND 2 BEEF BOUILLON CUBES. SIMMER ON MED-LOW FOR 10 MINUTES. MAKE A MIXTURE OF 1 TEASPOON SALT, 1 TEASPOON SUGAR, 3 TABLESPOONS SOY SAUCE, 1/4 CUP WATER, 2 TEASPOONS CORNSTARCH. ADD MIXTURE AND SIMMER 15 MINUTES LONGER. SERVE OVER RICE OR NOODLES (ADDING APPROPRIATE CALORIES). MAKES 10 HALF CUP SERVINGS.

Number of Servings: 10

No comments: