Wednesday, September 4, 2024

The Search for a Proper Tagline and a New Release with Strong Sense of Place




This month I'm working on putting together my author website and getting a newsletter going. Did you know that many authors have taglines for their websites?  I didn't, but I do now, and let me tell you, authors are a creative bunch!  So many great taglines that nail their brand. 

I am in awe, and at the same time, I need to come up with my own gem! When I write the Marley Creek series my goal is to write a romance that gives the reader those Hallmark vibes along with some spice. Now the question is, will Hallmark appreciate me using them in my tagline? I'm just a teeny tiny writer in a sea of authors, so maybe it doesn't matter. I don't want to find out after I finish my website and get some fun merch made, so I need to go back to the drawing board.

Here are my rough drafts:

Cozy Romance With A Kick.
Cozy Romance Sprinkled with Some Spice.
Steamy Small Town Romances You'll Stay Home For.
Cozy Comfort Reads.
Cozy Vibes with a Dash Of Spice.

Please let me know your favorite! I need some feedback!


As I mentioned in The Sunday Post, I picked up a new release from Kindle Unlimited. This is the second book in this series. It's set in a town a few hours away from New Orleans and the book is filled with the sights, sounds, and tastes of Southern Louisiana.  Gelly the lead character in this book is a dancer so the book is also filled with many music references. Dance of Love has a HEA for the main characters in this book but has an overarching mystery so it's best read after the first book Learning to Love which is also on Kindle Unlimited. The third and fourth books in the series will be out before the end of the year!  
If you like books with an immersive setting, a light dusting of spice, and romantic suspense, check this series out! 
Here is a link to the book: https://a.co/d/9juFCZ5



No comments: