Pages

First of all...

Saturday, January 6, 2024

The Sunday Post Oh, No! Back To Work Tuesday

  

The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. Join in weekly, bi-weekly, or for a monthly wrap-up. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme  

All good things must come to an end, right? My break was nice, but I spent all of it recuperating from surgery, so it might have been more enjoyable if not for that. This weekend we finally got a little snow, just about all of December it was too warm for snow.  Now that I'll be returning to school, it will probably get really cold and we will have snow! 

This week I began drafting the second book in my Marley Creek series!  Next weekend I am planning to go to a new brewery in my area for research purposes.  The main male lead in this book owns a craft brewery and I'd like to be able to write good descriptive scenes. 

Speaking of reading, I find myself in the midst of reading two books that have main female characters who are pastry chefs. I"ll be sharing my thoughts on those two books this week as well as Not Just Gal Pals my first finished read of the year. 

How was your first week of 2024? 






10 comments:

Northwoman said...

I hope you have a great year ahead. Everyone has plans and goals and hope. The hope gives a bit more energy.

Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post





Nicole Pyles said...

Your book you are writing sounds wonderful. I love that you are visiting a brewery for research!

Lisa Mandina said...

All the books you read sound good1. Will have to check back for your reviews. Have a good week back!

Tammy Sparks said...

We just got some snow too, not much but enough to cover the roads and make them icy. Good luck recovering from your surgery!

Greg said...

Happy New Year! We got snow here last night, but it all melted today. It was pretty though.

Good luck with the writing :)

thathappyreader said...

I hope you have a wonderful 2024. I really enjoyed The Second Chance Year and hope that you do too.

The Fantasy Princess said...

The few snow flakes that we have gotten so far melt soon after. :) Hope you have a great week!

Nicky said...

Ooh, these books like fun -- have you had a good time with reading them?

Literary Feline said...

I hope you have recovered well from your surgery and it wasn't too hard to fall back into the routine of school. Have fun with the research for your book! I hope you are enjoying your current reads. I really want to read The Second Chance Year. Take care and enjoy your week!

Jen | Book Den said...

I hope you are having a great week back at work!