First of all...

Thursday, December 23, 2021

Overdue Review of the November Cozy Mystery Club Review and My Oldest Elf!

 This review is overdue, I like to post about each month's book the day before the live stream. This time it's oh about a month late. 

Things I liked about this book:
1. Good food talk with recipes throughout the book.
2. Sleuther actively sleuthing.
3. The protagonist was a single mom with two kids.
4. Some diversity 

What was not so much for me:
1. Our sleuth was just this side of 'too dumb to live'
2. The male love interests were terrible.  Bad choices!
3. During the whole book, Hayley, the main character, keeps correcting the Sheriff who speaks English as a second language it's a very cringey ongoing 'joke'.  It would be so much better in my opinion if it turned out that the Sheriff was in on the joke and was making the errors on purpose to get his sister-in-law riled up, but that's not how it's played.

Overall I give this book 3 stars, I don't know if I will continue this series--there are just so many books on my list already!

And to finish today's post here is a picture of my eldest as an elf for work at our local Park department!

#



1 comment:

Carla Loves to Read said...

Nice review Victoria. I also have some issues with this series and don't read it as often as I did before. It has some good, but it has a lot of meh, as you pointed out.