Pages

First of all...

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Ah Yes More Leslie Meier...

 


I am not complaining whatsoever, so don't think I am, that being said.  I think Miss Tilley has stopped aging.  We see time passing, now Lucy's grandson is 3, but I swear Miss Tilley has been in her mid-nineties for at least 10 years now.  Which is fine with me, it's fiction she can live forever, I'll suspend my disbelief. 

In a twist from most Lucy Stone books, in this story, no one, including Lucy, is sure that the deaths in the book are actually even murders. The main storyline revolved around elder abuse and do people even care when a rich person is the one who is being abused--albeit in the most opulent of homes. 

For a change, in this book, I found Lucy's friend Sue, almost likable. (did you know that likable or likeable is the correct spelling- I did not!)   

Ultimately it turns out that the deaths were murders and once again Lucy is the one who figures it out, and the murderer once again tries to kill poor Lucy.  But as we like to see, all's well that ends well. In this book, I found that Lucy had really hit her stride in balancing knowing bad stuff can happen anywhere and doing what she could to help her community.  I find that is an overarching theme. I do love how she has grown in the role of an investigative reporter, albeit at a tiny paper that is called the Pennysaver.

I give this book a 4.25.

Now if you will indulge me for a moment, I have to share this quote from a book I reviewed previously.  I love this.  Phyllis is me! This is how I feel about March in Chicagoland! 




1 comment:

Northwoman said...

I'm not sure I've read this far in the series. I can't remember where I stopped. I think there was a grandchild so maybe. I think I read a book where Miss Tilley died so if she's still alive here I probably read it.

Anne - Books of My Heart