Pages

First of all...

Thursday, August 13, 2020

Is It Just Me?

This is my second full week without a job. Seems like the days go by faster without a job. Then again, it seemed like a week took three months back in April when we were under the Stay At Home Order. I'll have to think about this some more. Since I am home full-time, I have a new goal to read three books a week. I just pulled this idea out of the ether, I am hoping it will get me to spend less time scrolling social media and more time reading. We will see how that goes.

I finished a book today, a new release, and my review is below. Next up will likely be "The Diva Runs Out Of Thyme"  I'm reading that for the Cozy Mystery Book Club.  You can join the book club live stream here

A Forgotten MurderA Forgotten Murder by Jude Deveraux
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is another book I put on hold before the pandemic and don't know why I originally put it on hold! In any case, this was my first experience with a Medlar Mystery by Jude Deveraux. I enjoyed how Ms. Deveraux uses three main POVs in the third person. Because I am currently also reading Dead Land by Sara Paretsky and the character Sara Medlar is a world-famous author in this book, I pictured Sara Paretsky as Sara Medlar while reading.

The English Estate was a nice setting, very Midsommer Murders. I enjoyed that there were multiple mysteries that unfold as you read. As always it is lovely when the baddies get their comeuppance. I have limited patience for long-term will they/won't they, and it looks like Jack and Kate have been dancing around becoming a couple for quite some time. I would hope that in the next book they finally do. I did enjoy their banter.

All in all a good mystery. Would make a nice Netflix film!


View all my reviews

No comments: