Pages

First of all...

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!!



We are having a few people over today for the 4th for some food and to break in my fire bowl. See pic above, I got it for free w/my Tastefully Simple Indulgence points--something we get monthly based on our sales. So I'm very excited to try it out, we have everything needed to make S'mores.

This morning I have been working on preparing the menu for our 4th of July Celebration.

We are going to be having...
*veggie tray w/Tastefully Simple Bacon Bacon dip
I like whole carrots vrs the flavorless baby carrots they sell, so I'm cutting up some real carrots along w/celery and everyone's fav. Sugar Snap Peas
*Fruit/Cheese/Cracker tray to go along w/a selection of white wines :-) The Kraft Natural Cheese is on sale really really cheap at Jewel so I got one of each of the cheeses that they make, and then I blew all my savings on some yummy Gouda cheese!
*Chicken Breasts marinaded w/Tastefully Simple Sassy Sangria Grill Sauce
*Corn on the Cob brushed w/butter and sprinkled with my favorite seasoning ever, Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt.
*One guest is bringing Potato Salad and the Baby Blue Cobb Salad. Recipe from the TS fan page on Facebook

I am also making a salad, one with no dairy products in it, because Tom can't do dairy, this recipe is from the Hungry Girl Newsletter:

Crunchy Sassy Chinese Slaw

PER SERVING (about 1 cup): 111 calories, 3.5g fat, 375mg sodium, 17.5g carbs, 4g fiber, 10g sugars, 3g protein -- POINTS® value 2*

This slaw is so good, it's hard not to eat ALL of it (so do everyone a favor and make a double batch!)...

Ingredients:
One 16-oz. package Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw
1 cup canned water chestnuts, drained and sliced into thin strips
1 cup canned mandarin orange segments packed in water or juice, drained and chopped (and rinsed, if packed in juice)
1 cup chopped scallions
2/3 cup Newman's Own Lighten Up Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing
1/4 cup slivered almonds

Directions:
In a large bowl, toss all ingredients together, and mix well. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Stir well before serving. Enjoy!

MAKES 6 SERVINGS

AND FOR DESSERT:
Smores!!!!

or my festive brownie creation:

Prepare the Tastefully Simple Truffle Brownies as directed.
Mix 1/2 a container of lite Cool Whip w/a large scoop of our White Mousse Chiller Mix and top the brownie once cooled.

Then take blueberries and cut strawberries and make a flag design!
Lastly,
Patrick really really wanted a jello dessert, so what we made red jello in a round bowl and then right before serving I am topping that w/Cool whip and then putting blue jello on top of that.

Now it's time to cross fingers for no rain tonight! Happy 4th of July

No comments: