Pages

First of all...

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Heading to the Taste Today!

We have been having a very busy time around the Hamel family to end this wonderful month of June. Thursday I was off doing a great Tastefully Simple party, then on Friday we all participated in Relay For Life Oak Forest, which was fun and tiring. I couldn't find the charger for my camera battery so I have no picks. :-(

Saturday we went to the baseball picnic where they had 5, count them 5! jumpy houses or whatever those giant blow-up things are called. The kids were over the moon over all the jumping choices. Then after all that fun, later in the day, we went to a Graduation party in Flossmoor. The party was a fun and welcome relief for all of us after spending about 45 minutes driving around LOST trying to find the party--because our GPS stopped working due to low battery and because I lost the mapquest directions I printed out.

Sunday we went out for a late lunch with the kids, at which Bryce was like out of his mind w/misbehaving-ness. We figured out that his behavior was due to him being insanely hungry because we didn't realize he didn't eat his breakfast. Yes I know we are super rotten parents to not notice the poor middle child blew off his breakfast. Then Sunday night I had a lovely time at my Tastefully Simple party over by Midway.

Yesterday the kids got to go to day camp and I got to run for a long long time, then I was 'forced' to make good on my promise to take the kids to Chuck E. Cheese. Actually Monday at noon is a good time to venture into CEC as there were minimal other children there. Note to self: keep a good book in the car at all times so as not to be stuck at CEC w/o a book.

And today in about an hour I am off to the Taste of Chicago. Hopefully we'll be able to see the Barenaked Ladies and hopefully it won't rain. It is about 25 degrees cooler today than the last time I went to the Taste w/K. (Summer 2007) On that day it was I believe a heat index of 123 degrees Celsius.

When it comes to the Taste I am of the opinion. 1. don't take children. 2. only get 'taste' portions so you can try more! Number 1 is already accompished and so all I have to do today is accomplish number 2. A very do-able to-do list!





Taste Portions I'm thinking I'll try:

12 - The Grill on the Alley
909 N. Michigan Ave.

¢ Gazpacho with Chopped Avocado and Chives; Grilled Anjou Pear Salad with Walnuts and Maytag Blue Cheese

48 - Las Tablas Colombian Steakhouse
2942 N. Lincoln Ave.
(Crunchy Plantain Chips and Sweet Plantain Wedges)
¢ Verdes (Crunchy Plantains)


31 - Polo Café and Catering Bridgeport U.S.A.
3322 S. Morgan St.
¢ Garlic-Mozzarella Cheese Bread; Crispy Noodle Shrimp

30 - Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria
958 W. Wrightwood Ave.
¢ Chopped Salad; Bruschetta

54 - Adobo Grill
2005 W. Division St.
¢ Churros; Cheese Empanada

No comments: