First of all...

Friday, October 26, 2007

Less than 2 months until Christmas

One of my fellow 'tastebuds' found a Wii for me, so a big part of my holiday shopping is done. Wahoo! Now I'll just get some games and a couple of extra controllers and we'll be go to go on the big day and it should be good for hours of fun and entertainment for the kiddos over winter break.

I am in the middle of my busiest work week ever...had a party on Tuesday, a corporate shopping day yesterday, a party last night, a party tonight, a craft show tomorrow, a party tomorrow night and a party on Sunday. So hmmm I need a goal for bookings...OK, my goal is 6 bookings 2 for now and 4 for January. We have a nice incentive for January and hosts can earn it w/reg parties or catalog parties or fundraisers...so I need to remember to mention that it applies to catalog parties this weekend.

Next week no parties until ahhh Friday. Then I'm basically working all weekend. Party Fri night, Craft Show Saturday, Party Sat night, Craft Show Monday. Then Tom is going to New York for a couple days.

It's that really busy busy time of year, which is great because I love the holidays so it is fun for me to be positively submerged in them!

**************
The weekend right before Chirstmas we are staying downtown on the Mag. Mile using the free hotel stay I earned w/my sales this past fall...so, I am debating, take Anna to the American Girl Store? Or avoid the American Girl store? I am betting you can't get out of there for under $150...so looks like it would be best to avoid the American Girl store---she's only three...it can wait!

The other day I made our Cafe Portabella Mush soup as a sauce w/some sour cream and put chicken in it and put it over my favorite noodles---which are hard to find! Reames frozen noodles, I have a bunch of the noodles leftover so this afternoon I am making "Mama's Soup" for the family to have 2morrow while I am gone.



Mama's Soup
8-10 cups chicken stock
1 cup diced carrots
1 med onion
1 large parsnip diced
1 1/2 cups celery diced (partick really likes the celery so I add extra)
1 frozen chicken breast
1 bag of the Reames frozen Noodles
dash of the Onion Onion
dash of the Spinach and Herb

I put everything except the frozen noodles in a big pot and let it boil/simmer until the chicken is cooked, then I take out the chicken cut it up, put it back in the soup, add the frozen noodles cook for another 20 minutes and it's all done. I used to put in a diced potato and green beans, but there was too much complaining and boycotting of the soup by the boys so now it's a very basic soup. I cook it w/the onion uncut and then I take the onion out at the end. Fresh Parsley is the best add on at the end. Yum.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Ahhhh you said the *C* word!
Glad your so busy.....
GLad you found your Wii.....

Don't forget to dress up for Halloween!