Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I imagine since this is book 12 in the series, that if you are reading my review you have an interest in the series. Furthermore, assuming you are up to speed on Sookie Stackhouse and the people of Bon Temps, let me share some non-spoilery review notes.
1. The synopsis of the book listed above is really not reflective of the actual book. Once again, I wonder if the people who are responsible for the book jacket/summary actually read the books they summarize.
2. I was extremely happy that Sookie's Can-Do spirit returned. I didn't enjoy Dead Recokoning because Sookie was so depressed.
3. I officially don't like the who will be Sookie's HEA mystery. Too much angst for me. I'd rather have the mystery minus the romance drama.
4. Lastly, I missed Eric and Pam. There is a large empty void in the book . Not enough word count devoted to my favorite vampires and in my opinion, in the book and too many scenes with recently introduced humans.
Perhaps the reason for number 4. is foreshadowing that Sookie will work to be an 'average' bar owner and eschew the supernatural world in Charlaine's final installment Dead Ever After?
Note: It's important to mention that I am a hardcore fan of the series. I read the fan fiction, I watch that awful HBO True Blood, I hang out at The Sookierverse Blog.
Now that I am done with the book, I want to give it away! Comment below on your favorite Sookie Stackhouse Novel AKA Southern Vampire Mysteries Books and one winner will be chosen from the comments to get my hardback copy!
Three quick things:
1. Be sure to put your email with your comment.
2. I'm mailing it Parcel Post.
3. Be a pal and follow my blog!
View all my reviews