Pages

First of all...

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

goofed it up already!

Today is Ash Wednesday, the beginning of lent and I was very gung ho this morning about observing lent today. What you are supposed to do on Ash Wednesday is
1. don't eat meat (seafood is ok)
2. eat only one complete meal and two smaller ones during the day, with no food in between.

So this morning after I looked up how exactly the fasting thing on Ash Wed. works, I though hmm what could I have to eat that would be a smaller meal??? So I had Lipton Cup-A-Soup--chicken noodle and thought I am all good.

Then at lunchtime I went into the pantry and when I saw the Cup-a-soup box I realized.

Chicken Noodle Soup. Chicken. I have blown the whole Lent thing already.

Barnacles!

Anywho, so I decided well, let's forge ahead. Sooooooo I made a fantastic Grill Cheese Sandwich for lunch.

I took 2 reg pieces of wheat bread
4 slices of a med. tomato
and a pile of grated gruyere and emmental cheese
and grilled in it the iron skillet.

For dinner I am broiling Dover Sole Fillets from Trader Joe's that I am seasoning w/our new Green Tea & Peppercorn seasoning. For the sides: steamed cauliflower and broccoli and boiled red potatoes seasoned w/a little butter and our Spinach & Herb Mix.

No comments: