Pages

First of all...

Friday, February 27, 2009

Aw Cmon!

I decided for dinner today to make enchiladas. Cheese enchiladas. Here was my plan.
Ingredients:
whole wheat tortillas
a can of enchilada sauce
The New TS Spicy Bean Dip
fat free refried beans
Trader joe's roasted corn
and some sauteed onions.
And 2 oz of low fat cream cheese mixed with the new TS chili chipotle or is it Chipotle Chili mix

You just make the Spicy Bean Dip as directed (ie add water) put that aside. Saute the onions in a pan, and then you mix the spicy bean dip, sauteed onions, TJ's roasted corn and the refried beans together. Take that mixture put it in the tortillas, put a couple spoonfuls of the Chipotle Chili Mix on top and a couple of tablespoons of the enchilada sauce, then roll up the enchiladas and pour enchilada sauce over the everything in the pan and then I was going to put a little grated cheddar cheese on top and bake the enchiladas in the oven for like 20-30 min.


I went to Jewel this AM specifically to get the 2 ingredients for this that I didn't have on hand, specifically the whole wheat tortillas and the enchilada sauce. It took me forever to find the whole wheat low carb tortillas because Jewel is being remodeled and they moved the tortillas away from the bread aisle and also they aren't in the new latino section, they were over by the frozen foods.

So I found the tortillas and the enchilada sauce and got milk and a bunch of barilla pasta because all barilla pasta is on sale for 79 cents. Paid for everything, got home, put my groceries away and there was no enchilada sauce. Sauce was in my cart, I paid for it, but some where between the checkout and my kitchen counter, it disappeared.

Therefore, since it was cold and crummy out, I said the heck with the enchiladas today.

No comments: