Pages

First of all...

Sunday, June 15, 2008

So that's what it is!

The other day I cut up cantalope, had a couple of pieces and right away my mouth started itching...and the same thing happened when I made guacamole...so I did some googling and found this:
http://www.revolutionhealth.com/articles/pollen-fruits-veggies-help-trigger-oral-allergy-syndrome/hd-607439?ipc=B00449

turns out if you are allergy to ragweed--yes...then pollen in some fruits and veggies can trigger oral allergy syndrome...

well at least now I know what the deal is. And at least cooking the fruit or veggies in question can stop it...which is good in case it ever starts happening w/tomatoes...Still I am bummed about the guacamole issue. I love guacamole. But it is def. a prob. I have w/alvocados because today I had alvocado on a sandwich and one bite and my mouth started itching. which is really freaky!

No comments: