Pages

First of all...

Monday, July 16, 2007

One of those days, where you wonder, what did I do all day?

I don't even know. Seems like not nearly enough of my to-do list got completed. Does this happen to you? It was nice that we didn't have to leave the house today, but I did miss my morning run..can't go for one of those w/the kids finished w/daycamp!

I did find a website called http://ecarepackage.org you can go there and put together a care package to be sent to a deployed serviceman or woman or their family. It's pretty nice to be able to put together a care pacakage online, for me much easier to make it happen that way than to try and put it together on my own. It matches you up w/a member of the Armed Services and you can see what they would like. So I hope my serviceman likes what I picked to send to him.

Ah a week from Wednesday I'll be traveling to Minnesota for the big National Conference, can't wait!
************************************************************************
A friend of mine has an easy and healthly recipe for homemade chicken nuggets.

4 Servings
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast,
rinsed and patted dry with paper towels
11/2 cups plain yogurt
3 cups crushed corn flakes
2 TB fresh parsley, chopped
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground white pepper
vegetable or olive oil for spraying pan plastic or paper bag
Pre-heat the oven to 375°F. Slice chicken breasts into 2-inch strips. Marinate chicken pieces in yogurt for one hour or up to 24 hours, refrigerated.Prepare the crunchy crust by combining the corn flakes, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl.
Place corn flake mixture in a plastic or paper bag. Drop chicken, a few pieces at a time, into the bag and shake thoroughly to completely coat. Remove chicken pieces from bag, shaking excess mixture from each piece.

Place coated chicken pieces on a sheet pan lightly sprayed with oil.Bake for about 25 minutes or until crunchy on the outside and cooked through. Serve with dipping sauces.

I hear it is really good w/a little Garlic Garlic in there. :-)

No comments: