First of all...

Thursday, June 28, 2007

An exciting milestone

Today for the first time in what will surely become a regular habit, I said to the children this AM, after a big mess was made w/one of those squish pillows w/a billion tiny white beads...I said:
"Go, outside in the backyard, all of you, go and play!"

And so they went outside and I managed to clean up about 99.99% of those damn little white things.

Since the weather is a bit cooler today it is a great day to make Berry Buckle Cake. I am making one to bring with to a taste-testing I am doing as part of a wine tasting on Saturday w/my great host Kelly M. She has her own wine club and I am bringing a sampling of products for the group to enjoy with their wine and for that I am putting together a summer wine pairing recipe sheet.

Here is an excerpt...

Pair a Dried Tomato and Garlic Pesto Cheese Spread and Water Crackers w/a nice Reisling
Recipe
1 brick of cream cheese softened
2 tbsps Dried Tomato and Garlic Pesto
Blend together
Shape into a ball and roll in Spinach & Herb Mix (dry) or Bread Crumbs.
Chill for 2 hours or over night and serve w/your favorite crackers.

No comments: